Listed below are the current positions that the Brewer School Department is seeking external applicants for:
- Brewer Community School (Grades 6 through 8):
- Girls "A' Basketball Head Coach (Season Begins Monday, November 5)
- Girls "B" Basketball Head Coach (Season Begins Monday, November 5)
Brewer High School (Grades 9 through 12):
- Head Coach - Swimming & Diving (Season Begins Monday, November 19)
- Assistant Coach - Winter Competition Cheerleading (Season Begins Monday, November 19)
- Assistant Coach - Ice Hockey (Season Begins Monday, November 19)
- Sub varsity Head Coach - Girls Basketball (Season Begins Monday, November 19)
- Assistant Coach - Indoor Track (Season Begins Monday, November 26)
- Unified Athletics Supervising Coach - (Sideline Pep Cheer Season Begins November 29, Basketball Season Begins January 3).
Please click the link to download a Coaching Application and follow the directions within the document.
Volunteers will need to pass a basic criminal history background check through the State of Maine in order to be permitted to work with students.
Head coaches will screen volunteer applicants and make recommendations to the athletic director to submit to the superintendent and Brewer School Committee.
ALL APPLICATIONS for ANY TYPE of coaching position are to be mailed to the Superintendent of Schools at 261 Center Street, Brewer, Maine, 04412 or can be emailed to Debbie Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to read the Mission and Vision of the Brewer School Department
General Requirements for Coaches in the Brewer School Department and as mandated by the Maine Principals Association "MPA" (for high school level coaches)-
- Positive and clean criminal history background checks. CHRC Fingerprinting screening through the Maine Department of Education for paid staff.
- Must be 20 years of age OR a high school graduate.
- Must have proper certifications as mandated by the MPA (high school level coaches).
- Proper references and recommendations.